work!!
Ho Fung left on Sunday morning, 4.30am... then Sylvia and James 8am... NC401-406* is getting more and more quiet now... Sunday was another whirlwind day as I went back to help clear out the stuff from the Venue (entire basement of Students Union building) so that renovation works can be started. That was a solid 6.5 hours of manual labour. Good for my muscles though... Then this week Mon-Fri I am doing 3 hours of work a day distributing leaflets for Catering Services (DeMontfort Uni's graduation week), plus this Wed and next Wed I am doing my usual student guide work on the Open Days.
Now I've got experience in all the union bars.... Elements, Redfearn and Venue... Elements has the most liqour... all the different types and it was quite a nightmare to prepare the cocktails and shooters as it took me some time to find those exotic drinks! It was, though, an exhilirating time serving customers most of the whole night. My last order was £27. They ordered 4 doubles Southern Comfort with lemonade, then a double Vodka and Coke, 2 pints of (tap) water (free)... when the stupid Southern Comfort optic** was not working well. I had to press so hard for a trickle. And that was 8 shots. Not enough? His friend came along, and asked what those drinks were. I went "double Southern Comfort and lemonade", and he went "yeah, give me four of those too". Shit! On that bloody optic? I was almost done with them (after ages), like 6 shots, when the optic decided enough was enough and gave way. Out came Southern Comfort (those inverted bottles are 1.5litres each) and I had trouble taking the bottle down. When we got it down the lever of the optic (which you press) had gone somewhere else (the spring went boing and it flew off). So I had to manually finish pouring the spirits. But all in all it was good and I got a drink... a customer went "blah blah blah order and a drink for you." So I chose what he chose (which was a good choice too): JD*** with Coke.
*my accommodation/corridor
** you know that thingy that contros the flow of alcohol for easy serving of shots? You have the liquor bottle inverted and that valve thingy that fills 25ml (single shot) everytime and releases that when pressed? That's the optic.
***Jack Daniel's


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home