Using my head…
I think perhaps I should have pursued that little dream to break out of my “comfort zone” and take up Law. In fact, I might excel in it more than Engineering!
I have always treated people well, so I take offence at those thinly-veiled insults hurled at me. And obviously I have my own ego. I have been brought up well, so I do not argue based on hearsay or poorly-formulated thought. Most of all, I stick to the ONE situation at hand, and finish it off before moving on (provided I can!). So I am very reasonable, and there’s no cause for concern at all. The problem is, I believe, with expectations. When suddenly certain expectations of some people you have prove to be untrue or inaccurate, do you question them with that challenging demeanour, or perhaps take a step back and reflect on yourself? You may realise that all these years you have been mistaken about your opinions with regards to that person. Perhaps you made a wrong judgment about them and you should face up to that. Perhaps you thought too highly of yourself, thinking just because you are more senior in age, you know what’s best for him. Why take him to task over what he chooses when he is in perfect control of his life and knows what he is up to? He must have done something right to get to where he is today, and give him credit for that. He doesn’t need your credit, sure, but of course, your support is great all the same. And you probably think that any compliment you give him will go to his head and make his head swell so much it probably will burst. That’s where you are wrong. Grossly wrong. He is not so shallow. Why? Because he has been brought up too well! He is observant enough of his surroundings, and knows how to maneouvre in circumstances no matter how bad. Give him his fair share of compliments, and perhaps you will be happier too. I always believe in giving credit where it’s due, not being petty and withholding support or refusing for the sake of refusing. This only reflects badly on yourself. If everyone was so 心胸狭窄 (narrow-hearted) the world would be a really dark place to live in. Really dark….
Better things will come.


1 Comments:
hey, parents ah?
relax lah... you probably changed so much that's why...
and for those unreasonable jackasses... carnegie said that it's human to always want to "win" or be right. his strategy is to let them win, be right. boost their ego. don't argue with them. it's obvious they're not smart lah.. smart people are open to ideas and will listen instead of just shutting you off. i got that with mark and that's it i guess. let him talk lah.. in my philo classes, we're always ready to listen to other's suggestions and in return, we see the philosophical enquiries from many angles. my five cents worth to someone smart like you: don't bother. they're not worth it.
cool, ok?
lots of smiles,
khairunie
By
Anonymous, at 6:28 am
Post a Comment
<< Home