- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Xinniankuaile

Quick message to all. Happy Chinese New Year!!!!!!

Gongxifacai, niannianyouyu, wanshiruyi, bubugaosheng.

We went to the famed Chinese restaurant Happy Gathering for the Reunion Dinner and ordered up a steamed freshwater fish ("lou yu"), kai lan in XO sauce, scallops with dow miu in gravy, salty steamed "bak zham chicken, roasted squid slices, and pork trotters in claypot. Fish, chicken and kai lan were good, the rest were ok but still good tasting. It was Leanne, Ming, Steve, Hui, Eefu and me over there and Hui bumped into some of her coursemates there as well. I had been busy at work and only just made it straight from work in time, whereas the guys went home first. It was very nice of Chetan to offer to drop me and Hui at the restaurant, and Hui came in her new blue stylish designer-look jacket with a brightish yellow/black design woollen top and dark skirt. While I was wearing the "dress-down" workwear - England 2003/5 long-sleeved home jersey and (faux?) Diesel (2001!) black slimline cargo pants. Anyway the guys dressed down as well despite having gone home first so I wasn't that out of touch (save for th backpack with the yellow duck softtoy hanging behind!)

Dessert was lotus seed and red bean soup - not fantastic - and a small mandarin orange each. I carefully replaced the unbroken rind into the basket, and as we talked on Leanne suddenly discovered the mandarin orange left untouched in the basket. She asked if we wanted it, and we all went "no, I'm okay", "I'm full already", "why not you take it away with you?"... and when she picked it up we all laughed. Hehhehehheh.

Happy New Year to all once again in the New Year of the Rat. Hope you achieve sumptuous, scurrilous successes soon!!!

1 Comments:

  • oh no wonder ur parents' phones were not answered.

    i'm back in sg for the new year, wanted to pay them a visit. well say hi to them for me and when're u dropping the red bomb????

    cheers! happy rat year to u!

    TH

    By Blogger Dee, at 5:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home