- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Thursday, February 17, 2005

pressies for you??

I had a lookaround at a potential house for next year... then it was off to Tabla for a pre-birthday dinner for Mel. I must admit the curry was quite tastily done (but not hot at all) and it was quite a good dexperience. Unfortunately, I was supposed to be teaching Zhang Yi PSpice* and only reached her rather late. Earlier on in the day, she had asked me to come teach her and I was like, "okay, but you must 好好招待我"... and you know what? She made sushi! Haha! Okay, the rice was slightly under-compacted, and the taste a little bland, but it was a good effort all-round. 100% effort...er...70% taste?? Like that time in badminton when I tried to do some exotic shot... we all were like, yeah the idea is there... but not successful.. 100% effort... so what? Shuttle still out.

Went out to town to get Mel a birthday present. I was rather devoid of ideas, but managed to squeeze the last drop of cerebrospinal fluid in my brain (绞尽脑汁)... quite happy with what I finally settled on. Had lunch at Subway, a six-inch chicken sub, then walked till 5.30pm, when I hurried into Maryland and gobbled down the Maryland Special... chicken steak burger, 2 drumlets and a pkt of fries, all for £1.89!!** And if u are thirsty, you can always exchange the fries for a drink! Take Fanta Fruit Punch (from Germany.. the nicest flavour!!!) The meal barely took me 5 minutes to wolf down... whoa... cannot imagine I was so hungry. Then I was off to Shafiq's and we shared a packet of Walkers Sweet Thai Chilli crisps.. another fantastic one..

oh, i haven't mentioned. I met duane and then samuel in town today and he asked me if i wanted to join the 'food society'. i made a movement for my wallet, and asked," how much are the membership fees?" oh, we can actually set up one, you know? just imagine.. food society president... whoa damn tua pai right??? ...reminds me of stephen chow's 食神..

ok back to the daily report. We then had a little Dikir bBarat practice and crapped around at Hajar's till around 9, when i had to siam and come back and bathe and the set off again to teach PSPICE.

And Joanne got me restarting to play Diamond Mine, a good time-waster on Excite games. (aka bejewelled, whatever...etc...)

* an electrical simulation program
** sorry, just a little product endorsement

3 Comments:

  • Are you in MAlaysia now???

    WHY NEVER TEL ME??!?!?!!?!?!!!!

    I can come down and go for a holiday.... I am onmy term break lah, dude...

    you ah...

    trust you to tell me when you're coming back!

    Khairunie

    By Blogger Khπirunie, at 5:34 pm  

  • Nope I am not... kung fu hustle's DOWNLOADED... =p

    By Blogger cheez~, at 6:06 pm  

  • What kungfu hustle???
    How come so many Muslim friends???
    Your university has an influx of Muslims is it???

    Khairunie

    By Blogger Khπirunie, at 4:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home