- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Saturday, January 15, 2005

e.x-a.m.s

FH. And I am not referring to the short form for polytechnics in Germany*.

I had Management A in the morning, which was quite a breeze. Not that the paper was particularly easy, but I chose the good questions. And it helped that I never ever pick topics that cover the bare minimum. So for those who put their money on the 3 calculation questions, they were in for a surprise. As I was telling Ho Fung the night before, if the accounts question were to be a loss-making company, most of them question-spotters and blind-past-paper-muggers would be done for. And I think it did come out. A profitable company but with a negative balance sheet after the first year. And maybe one of the directors siphoned off some money too (who said the books have to be in balance?) I was lucky; I read the last part of the notes, which I had missed out days ago, this morning. Contract. And so the last question was a surefire high-scorer. Heyho! Here I was not having done much work, and some of the muggers were having a hard time! What a fantastic, ego-boosting feeling. I was gleeful all the way until...

The crunch - Communications 2. I had known for long that it wasn't easy, but just did not have the discipline to get down to the rather complicated nitty-gritty details of doing the calculations and understanding the derivations etc. Stupid diagram for the detector came out! I was much in a blank, as I hadn't a recollection of it. And then I think I messed up another 12 marks when I miscalculated the channel capacity part, setting off a chain reaction of mistakes. And Q3 was bad too, as I couldn't even find the number of modes for the first part of the 12 marks, let alone complete the calculations for time delay.

An "optimistic" estimate of the marks stands at around 30/60. That makes it a miserable 50%. And I thought I could use the exams to pull up my marks since the labs (contributing 20%) were scored C+ for me.

Damn.

I came, I saw, and I £#&%ed up. Wah lau.

* Fachhochschulen. In case you were wondering, FH does stand for something...

1 Comments:

  • Eh, what are you studying seh????
    Engineering? Business? or Mass Communications???
    You're totally confusing me silly, Chee seng... hehehe... You're lucky you know. Getting to SPOt the RIGHT questions. I am always down on my luck with spotting...And no matter how I study for an exam, I always screw things up... I've got this crap thing with remembering what I studied.. And you know the arts... it gets factual and even when you write about theories... you still have to memorise..

    I was tutoring my brother maths yesterday and I realised I forgot my seven times table...

    I'm DoomED.

    Khairunie

    By Blogger Khπirunie, at 6:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home