wristy test
It wasn't too bad today cos I had a newly-restrung racket. Strung at 26lbs on the Yonex MusclePower 30 it was giving me a good net response. My only disappointment was that I was not able to do the cross net shot having misplayed it. Most drop shots cleared the net almost just right, and even the backhand clears were high and far enough most of the time. I am never satisfied with my smash, and today was no different. I want to be able to bring out a kill on or after the first smash, but rarely I was able to finish a rally in this fashion. Only on two occasions I felt that my smash go really strongly, but I was quite satisfied with my round the head smashes on the backhand side. I still need to focus on my getting there and landing/recovery, but at least the smash was going well down the line, had some power and a fair amount of accuracy. Still making silly errors with movement and strokes, but perhaps the blessing from the long break I had is that my muscles could recover and I did not look that rusty.
Most importantly, my wrist is feeling fine. Which means I can get back to playing regularly next Tuesday!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home