- the 100% woodfire-roasted cheezandwich -

Sunday, January 16, 2005

latest happenings

Watched Total Stranger (1999) on Channel Four, a thriller starring Lindsay Crouse and Zoe McLellan. Absolutely dark and mysterious. Haven’t caught such an engaging movie in months, maybe years (given that I don’t watch that many movies). I probably need a good distraction.

We celebrated Gerrie’s birthday with a nice “surprise party”, and she probably had some fun playing mahjong and crapping around afterwards. We also gave her a musical doll. Haha.

I received my handphone back!! But I lost all the information within (kinda expected). Well I have most of my contacts stashed away already, so it was quite a breeze restoring everything. The only tedious and incomplete thing is the birthday list. I have lost many friends’ birthdays as I haven’t managed to back that up. The synchronisation finally worked just now.. Now my ringtone is set to Slob (Weezer) and Just Wild Beat Communication (by Two-Mix, from the Gundam soundtrack. I didn’t really follow that anime, but did hear the theme song which was good). Just to inform you, I obtained my ringtones by personally truncating mp3 files into around 30-second segments, and for the latter song I even had to first convert the original wmv file to wav, then to mp3 using 2 converters. A little tedious, but the end result is well worth it. What song should I use for my ringtone next?

I got Khairunie’s reply! Haha. I was telling her how cute her name sounded with the extra “ie” behind. I also realised that we were quite alike in our thinking and attitudes. Feel so honoured being able to share in her personal thoughts. You go, girl!

Yap Kim Hock is the new Chief Coach of the malaysian badminton squad. At 35, the youngest chief coach in its history, but one determined man. A very impressive player, he has had my respect for a long time. I trust he will succeed at the highest level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home