A good friend the other day was saying I didn’t understand girls enough. Well that may be true, depending on how you see it, but I don’t think I am too poor in that respect either. I haven’t really rubbed anyone the wrong way and have generally been aboveboard and mature in the handling of issues. And it takes two hands to clap. So what if I understand girls better than I do now (assuming my level is meagre currently)? They have to try and understand me too! And it is not that I am not trying.
(*NOTE: in the entire post "you" refers to a third person narrative!!) You learn something new every day, and I am always observing things around me. In fact, I think I care a lot for my friends and the people around me, but haven’t actually been getting much in return. No one really knows how much I do in others’ absence, and it’s not something I will voluntarily say anyway. Some things are pointless to be revealed, unless you are close enough to me, and ask in the correct manner. Like these things, so what if I told you I was
that great and blah blah blah? If you knew me well enough, you’d already know I am that great. If you don’t, I won’t tell you either. I always believe the purity of heart will shine through, and still do. And who am I to ask for something more? If I get it, fine. If someone doesn’t want to place his trust in me, so be it. You may think I’m not worthy of it. That’s ok. But that’s
your loss. I may be gentlemanly, but I am not going to pamper others like there’s no tomorrow. I’m not a yes-man. Obviously there will be differences of opinion, and if I didn’t have respect for you I’d not have bothered to think about it and reflect over an incident. But obviously if I don’t change my opinion it doesn’t mean I haven’t thought about it! If I don’t think something should be done in a certain way, I don’t. Well too bad if you don’t agree. It’s my choice, and I am going to take the decision myself. And of course everyone has his own way of looking at things, and so I am entitled to choose what I want to consider and what not to bother about. It’s not like I have to bother about everything, or to
show I have thought about something. If you don’t think I have considered some aspects, or shown enough maturity, ask. And then when you debate with me you will find I am reasonable in my thoughts and conclusions. In fact, I rarely lose such a debate, but this isn’t relevant to my point here.
Maybe she was referring to that incident, but at that time I was actually very sure of myself. Just that someone else was of a different opinion and kept telling me it wasn’t right of me. Sometimes people’s perspectives of you and what they think you said, not what you think or think you said, matter more. And in the end I decided to err on the side of caution. But I will reiterate that I will always be sure of myself, and carry myself in that distinctive air. I should trust myself even more now. Especially if someone else who’s not close to me says something (ie which might be considered doubtful), I should really leave it at that. And we haven’t even talked about that incident yet!
Well she may think that I am still immature. She’s entitled to her opinion. I choose to focus on certain things. I say, it’s not in the years you have lived, or the intelligence you perceive yourself to be at. It’s the experiences and what you have seen, heard, read, done and thought. And believe.
Well we don’t actually know each other that well…
2 Comments:
Right.
this is one interesting post.
Cheez, I think you should express your love, care and concern to your friends. As a friend, knowledge that your friends love you brings a lot of comfort. I often tell me friends I love them and being Singaporeans, they felt quite weird. But nevertheless, I believe that expressing your love for the people you love is a good practice (Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him-pbuh taught Man that), so I kept on with my practice. Then one day, I went out with this new found friend, Mark- as you've read in your blog. And before we parted ways to head home, he said, "Hey Khai, I love you." Believe me, I reacted like any other Singaporean but it sure heck feels great to know someone loves you. MY days are different when I leave home with my parents telling me they love me- there seem to be added meaning to life. Like you are living not noly for yourself but for your loved ones incl. of dear friends. And when you treat others with love, the way any other sane human would want to be treated, you are telling others that that is how you want to be treated and if you don't get back what you give, seriously, they're not worth the keep. But bear in mind that different people have different ways to show their love. DOn't be too quick to judge.
And I admire and respect how you treat others. THere's a lot of maturity, diplomacy and due respect given especially for us, girls. If you've read my past entries, you'd realise that I'm going through this constant struggle to find the woman in me. Apparently, I am not the only one. Most girls my age are trying to find the woman in them as well. It's difficult. (REcalls Britney's I"m not a Girl, Not yet a Woman)And it's all the more difficult when there are no men around you to help bring out that woman in you! You know right that those guys who matriculated together with the girls in university are older? But, they behave like deprived boys! And to think the ARMY is suppose to make men out of them!!!! Codswallop, I say...
I bet I'll never find a man if I am scouting from this pool of people suposedly the creme-de-la-creme(hope I used that correctly..)
So Chez, you're just fine and I respect they way you treat members of the opposite sex. You're masculine in your manners but it doesn't come across as imposing. I hate men who impose their masculinity on women. For me it's a case of guys trying to be a man and end up making me feel so....physically weak??? I know lah I am stick thin but these people don't have to make me feel that way, righT????
I am blardy late for class!!!
Catcha later, Cheez!
Love,
Khairunie
Ok, JD's like on my mind now.... I am such a bitch!! :P
By
Khπirunie, at 2:15 am
Right.
this is one interesting post.
Cheez, I think you should express your love, care and concern to your friends. As a friend, knowledge that your friends love you brings a lot of comfort. I often tell me friends I love them and being Singaporeans, they felt quite weird. But nevertheless, I believe that expressing your love for the people you love is a good practice (Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him-pbuh taught Man that), so I kept on with my practice. Then one day, I went out with this new found friend, Mark- as you've read in your blog. And before we parted ways to head home, he said, "Hey Khai, I love you." Believe me, I reacted like any other Singaporean but it sure heck feels great to know someone loves you. MY days are different when I leave home with my parents telling me they love me- there seem to be added meaning to life. Like you are living not noly for yourself but for your loved ones incl. of dear friends. And when you treat others with love, the way any other sane human would want to be treated, you are telling others that that is how you want to be treated and if you don't get back what you give, seriously, they're not worth the keep. But bear in mind that different people have different ways to show their love. DOn't be too quick to judge.
And I admire and respect how you treat others. THere's a lot of maturity, diplomacy and due respect given especially for us, girls. If you've read my past entries, you'd realise that I'm going through this constant struggle to find the woman in me. Apparently, I am not the only one. Most girls my age are trying to find the woman in them as well. It's difficult. (REcalls Britney's I"m not a Girl, Not yet a Woman)And it's all the more difficult when there are no men around you to help bring out that woman in you! You know right that those guys who matriculated together with the girls in university are older? But, they behave like deprived boys! And to think the ARMY is suppose to make men out of them!!!! Codswallop, I say...
I bet I'll never find a man if I am scouting from this pool of people suposedly the creme-de-la-creme(hope I used that correctly..)
So Chez, you're just fine and I respect they way you treat members of the opposite sex. You're masculine in your manners but it doesn't come across as imposing. I hate men who impose their masculinity on women. For me it's a case of guys trying to be a man and end up making me feel so....physically weak??? I know lah I am stick thin but these people don't have to make me feel that way, righT????
I am blardy late for class!!!
Catcha later, Cheez!
Love,
Khairunie
Ok, JD's like on my mind now.... I am such a bitch!! :P
By
Khπirunie, at 2:16 am
Post a Comment
<< Home